Maddalena Archipelago is located in the northern part of Sardinia, not far from the Costa Smeralda. This complex consists of 7 different islands : Maddalena, Caprera, Budelli, Santo Stefano, Santa Maria, Spargi, Razzoli. The beauty of the natural scenery is the first reason that drives many tourists to visit the archipelago. This area has become National Park in 1994 and its pristine and white beaches amazes every visitor.
Let’s see the ones you should not miss during your next trip in Sardinia.
Maddalena archipelago : the most beautiful beaches .
Maddalena Island is one of the biggest islands of the archipelago. For this reason there are many interesting beaches where you should go.
The best beaches you can find in La Maddalena Island
- Spalmatore beaches : three different beaches where you can relax
- Cala Francese : world known for its pink granite rocks
- Capo Carlotto : Rocky cape where you will fine also the ancient Madonnetta Chapel
- Spiaggia di Tegge : one of the most instagrammable beaches of the island.
- Cala Lunga : a very small beach at the end of a beautiful bay.
- Bassa Trinita beach : one of the most famous beach on La Maddalena. Get ready for some white sand and turquoise water !
- Spiaggia di Monte di Rena : a popular beach that gets crowded often. Avoid this place in high season.
- Spiaggia del Cardellino : relaxing, quite beach
The best beaches you can find in Caprera Island
Caprera is the second biggest island of the archipelago, famous for having been the place where Giuseppe Garibaldi retired until his death in 1882. Also Caprera offers a wide range of beautiful beaches. Let’s see them all.
- Cala Serena : this beautiful beach in Caprera can be reached by walking directly from Garibaldi’s Beach.
- Cala Napoletana :beautiful beach, but too many boats in high season. You can reach it from Cala Caprarese
- Cala Caprarese : you will find this beach at the mouth of a small creek. Crystal clear water, but a little difficult to be reached by walking
- Cala Coticcio : reaching this beach by boat is the best option. Otherwise you will need to walk for more than half an hour. Small and rocky, Cala Coticcio is a beautiful and hidden beach you should definitely visit. I
- Cala Brigantina : another beach very hard to reach by walking. But the water is really amazing.
- Spiaggia Due Mari : this is a really easy-to-reach beach very reccomended for families with small children.
- Cala Portese : together with Spiaggia dei due Mari, Cala Portese is another option for families.
- Spiaggia del Relitto : probably the most famous beach of Caprera Island, located in its southern part. The presence of a wreck has made this beach very popular. For this reason we suggest you to visit it only in low-mid season.
The best beaches you can find in the smaller islands :
Also the smaller islands offer spots of pure beauty, like :
- Cala Santa Maria : Crystal clear and wild beach of the namesake island. A true beauty.
- Cala Corsara : the beautiful beach of Spargi’s island. A really relaxing place
- Cala Lunga :The name of this beach is connected to its width. You will find it on Spargi’s island
- Spiaggia Rosa (Pink beach) : Last but not least, probably one of the most famous beaches in the entire world. Admire this beach from afar ; actually the area is totally forbidden to visitors of any kind.
Would you like to arrange a trip to Maddalena Archipelago and enjoy the beauty of the Sardinian sea ? Feel free to contact us.